Good to Know/Mission
in Workers Compensation insurance in the State of Indiana
- To be the "best deal"
- Create an environment where people are happy to be here
- Foster a "try it" and "can do" attitude
- Guided by openness and honesty in all we do
- Easy to do business with
- Uninterrupted, on-time delivery of services that encourage safety in the workplace and competition among workers compensation insurance companies.
- Provides the bridge or balance between the insurance regulators and the private sector (carriers, employers and workers)
Components of the Value Proposition:
- Data Collection - provides a one-stop source of information to be used for credible analysis of experience rating, ratemaking, and research for workplace safety.
- Ratemaking provides statewide benchmarks for pricing workers compensation policies.
- Experience rating creates an incentive for safe workplaces, tailors costs to individual employers, and provides a mechanism for carriers to be fairly compensated for assuming risk.
- Insurance for the uninsurable provides a safety net or last resort for employers and workers who otherwise would not have workers compensation insurance protection.
- Rule interpretation and enforcement provides consistency, clarity, and impartiality in the application of rules.
- Inspection assures proper classification of employers so that business competitors are treated the same.
- Delivery of timely and accurate information forms the basis for decision making by carriers and employers for issues related to workers compensation insurance.
- Dispute resolution provides a first step, low-cost solution to resolving conflicts that arise between various parties